Thursday, February 21, 2013

Playstation 4 announced

This may end up taking a while.

So, the PS4 was officially announced, after weeks of rumors.

The system seems to focus more on social network and immediacy (aside from a more PC structure)

There were a few games announced, but they are probably saving the  big guns for E3.  They need enough information to tease the reviewers.

Honestly... some of it seems really creepy to me.  the whole streaming and instant share will probably be used a lot by other people, but having someone else take over your controller to help long distance?  Honestly creepy.  Also Creepy?  Having the PS4 analyze your game purchases and then predownload games for you to play. (They did not mention if you or the PS4 would actively purchase them)

And then they did imply they might do away with disks which is a problem for some people. On the other hand, they will allow used games so probably not.

Information is still trickling out, so I don't actually have much to say.  Share looks like an interesting feature, depending on how it's used, I'll need to feel the controller before I decide on that, graphics are nice, but they've never been a selling point for me, I wasn't really sold on any of the games they had but they have to be holding back the big guns for later.

I guess, over all, it was kind of Meh.  And with no actual PS4 or Price point, I'm really not sure where to go from here.

I'll keep on ruminating as information comes out.  E3 will have more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment